Kayaking is a water sport that can be enjoyed by all ages. A kayak is a small boat that typically seats one to two passengers. It is operated by paddling with a double-sided oar. You don’t have to be an expert to use a kayak, they are simple to use. Kayaking can be done in any body of water such as a lake, river, or bay. Whether you’re fishing, taking a tour, or just simply enjoying the waters there are a variety of kayaks to choose from with multiple features available to suit your every need. Most kayaks are now made to be lightweight and easy to carry. There is much to consider when buying a Kayak. Size, weight, and primary use are all factors that will help you narrow down your choice. Below is a list of some of the top sit in kayaks on the market.
The Best Selling Products
- Lightweight and easy to carry with Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport this Sit-In kayak has a maximum capacity of 275 lb. / 125 KG
- Includes a Storage hatch with bungee cord and a Storage Platform with a Mesh Deck Cover to store all your gear for your trip on the water
- The Shallow V Chine hull Design provides good stability and maneuverability while providing very good performance
- Includes a Cockpit Table with bottle holder, Molded Footrests for Comfort and Secure Foot Bracing and a drain plug preventing water infiltration
- The ERGOFORM Seating System includes a padded seat cushion and an adjustable padded backrest cushion providing better support
- Built using our Twin Arched Multi Chine Hull, these kayaks provide excellent stability and combined with our spacious cockpits, getting in-and-out of a kayak, has never been easier!
- With ergonomic carrying handles and at only 42 lb, you will be able to easily carry the ARGO 100XR to wherever you decide to go.
- The ARGO 100XR is made with our patented RAM-X PREMIUM material, an exceptionally durable high molecular weight polyethylene that contains a top layer of advanced resin, which provides more rigidity while still being conveniently lightweight.
- ERGOCOAST portable seating system, which allows you to remove your seat from the kayak to use anywhere else.
- Maximum capacity of 300 lb.
10. Coleman Tahiti Classic 2 Person Kayak
This sturdy 2-person inflatable kayak is great for lake use. With more than one inflatable air chamber you don’t have to worry about punctures. An airtight system prevents leaks and if one chamber gets punctured, the other will still stay full of air and keep the kayak functioning as it should. This 10ft 4 inch X 2ft 5-inch vessel supports up to 400 pounds and comes equipped with comfortable backrests and easy to carry handles.
9. Sevylor Tahiti 3 Person Fishing Kayak
Large and comfortable, this sits on kayak seats 2 people with ease. It is perfect for fishing on your favorite lake. Double locking valves help prevent leakage and make inflating and deflating easy. Seats are adjustable and spray covers keep you dry for maximum comfort. Large and sturdy it measures 10 ft 4 inches X 3 ft 1 inch and is NMMA certified to support up to 360 pounds. Once deflated this kayak fits into a carry bag which makes transport easy and convenient.
8. Sevylor QuickPak K1 1 Person Kayak
This 1-person kayak is easy to set up and easy to put away. This inflatable craft acts just like a traditional kayak except when it’s time to pack up it deflates easily and folds up for easy transport. Double locking valves assist in quick inflation and deflation. The seat becomes a backpack making it convenient to carry. It comes with both a high-pressure hand pump and a collapsible paddle. A durable tarpaulin bottom helps protect against punctures. A backrest and adjustable footrest make this kayak very comfortable. Fully equipped with a storage area, you will have a place to store all of your necessary gear as well as a convenient cup holder to place your favorite beverage.
7. Sevylor QuickPak K5 1 Person Kayak
This innovative kayak seats 1 person. Inflatable, it comes with many features such as double locking valves for easy inflation and deflation, a compact storage bag that turns into a seat, D-rings, and bungee storage areas. Made from 24-gauge PVC and a tarpaulin bottom this sturdy kayak can handle even the most difficult waters. If by chance you do run into a snag this sit-in a kayak has multiple air chambers to help protect against deflation due to punctures.
6. Sevylor Big Basin 3 Person Kayak
This 3 person kayak made of strong PVC can hold a total of 490 lbs. Inflated it measures a large 12ft 3inches X 3 ft 1 inch. Each seat is adjustable to fit each passenger comfortably. Armed with a double threaded valve it deflates and inflates quickly and with ease. This kayak strong material is made for any type of water whether it’s a calm lake or whitewater in a river. Spray covers protect against water splashes. Spacious and comfortable this kayak is great for a day out on the water with the family.
5. Sun Dolphin Phoenix 10.4 Fishing Holiday Vacation Lake Sit-in Kayak, paddle Included (pink/purple)
A definite upgrade from an inflatable kayak this pink and purple kayak is made of solid material. It seats 1 person very comfortably. The spacious seating area makes it easy to get in and out of the vessel. Storage areas are located on both the front and rear of the vessel.
- Adjustable back and footrest, a dashboard cup holder, and a padded seat. Sturdy but lightweight, this boat is easy to carry to and from the water.
- It safely holds up to 250 pounds.
4. Advanced Elements Lagoon 1 Kayak
This inflatable kayak seats one person. Available in gold and gray it features a padded high backed seat as well as rubber grip handles for comfort and ease. Equipped with twist-lock high flow valves, this kayak inflates quickly. At 8 feet and 4 inches in length, it can carry a weight capacity of up to 250 pounds. Bungee on the landing is available to store items as needed. This kayak weighs a total of 28 pounds so taking it to and from the water is a breeze. Great for lakes, rivers, and bay waters.
3. Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 90 9 Foot Angler and Recreational Sit on top Lightweight Fishing Kayak
Perfect for fishing this vessel comes equipped with 4 flush mount rod holders. Made from durable material, it is leak-proof and buoyant. Storage areas are located in both the back and the front of the kayak. It measures 9ft long and seats one person. A built-in backrest with cushion makes it a very comfortable ride.
- Grip carrying handles comfort foot braces and a built-in drink holder.
- This kayak is solid, leakproof, and buoyant and made to weather all types of water.
2. Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 11 Foot Angler Sit on Top Fishing Kayak with adjustable Hero Comfort Seat and Transducer
This 11 ft fishing kayak supports up to 425 pounds is by far one of the larger kayaks on the market. It’s durable, stable, and made to move speedily through the water. Comes equipped with 2 flush mount rod holders and gear tracks for customized rigging. It’s toe controlled rudder system assists with paddling through rough waters and windy weather.
- Dual-position seat for comfort, plenty of storage space, paddle parks, and a cup holder and more.
1. Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130 13 Foot Angler Sit on Top Fishing Kayak with Adjustable Hero Comfort Seat and Transducer Port
One of the top sellers, this 13 ft fishing kayak boasts many features. Features of comfort include a two-position adjustable seat, grip carrying handles, adjustable foot braces, toe controlled rudders, and a cup holder. To make fishing more convenient it also features 2 flush rod holders, a fish finder mount, top-loading gear tracks, and 2 side bungee paddle parks. It comes with plenty of storage areas as well such as cargo bags, tackle tray holders, front and rear storage areas, and bungee tie-downs. Made with sturdy material, it has a non-slip surface keeping you safe on the water.